Best practices using Java in Oracle 8i

From: <sherman_mohler_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 18:49:36 GMT

If you write Java procs, don't you still want to actually use PL-SQL procs from inside Java for data retrieval? Seems to me that if you use a SQL string, you lose the query plan .. true?

The one exception might be is you use SQLJ to create the Java proc .. does Oracle's SQLJ pre-compiler create any type of query plan?

If anyone has any other "best practice" tidbits, I'd love to hear them.

Regards

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Nov 12 1999 - 12:49:36 CST