WebDB Output to Excel

From: Amy A. Miller <milleraa_at_isc.upenn.edu>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 10:18:57 -0500

Hello--

We've just starting testing WebDB for some canned financial reports, and hope to make great use of the export to Excel Ouput Format. However, I've noticed that, although WebDB can display this fine on screen (and the column type is CHAR), a column representing a valid account segment of 000000 is translated in the import to Excel as 0 . I've seen this behavior before when using the Excel import wizard and leaving the column type as "General" rather than "Text". However, WebDB's export/Excel's import omits the wizard, so I have no control over the column type. And format masks don't seem to help. Any ideas? This is important data that we don't want to mistranslate.

Please reply to me directly, milleraa_at_isc.upenn.edu, as well as to the group.

Thanks!
Amy Miller

--

Amy A. Miller, Data Analyst