Re: another believe or not... -0 (negative zero)

From: Brian Peasland <peasland_at_edcmail.cr.usgs.gov>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 13:53:24 GMT

There are two camps of thought about zero. One camp says that zero does not have a sign (pos or neg). The other camp says that zero is positive because it belongs to the natural numbers. Although that begs the question on wether zero is in the natural numbers. There are two camps on that idea as well, although most people today agree that zero is a natural number.

HTH,
Brian