Re: Problem - Oracle 8.0.5 with Red Hat Linux 6.1

From: <srini_soma_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 09:43:51 GMT

In article <3829780F.A755F1F2_at_teta.com.pl>,   Andrzej Rajczakowski <rajczako_at_teta.com.pl> wrote:
> > I hv installed Oracle8.0.5 on RedHat Linux 6.1. I followed the
> > documentation available on the oracle.com. But when tried to run
> >
> > $ lsnrctl start
> >
> > when I tried to execute DBSTART or DBSHUT or SQLPLUS,
> > - error in loading shared libraries: libclntsh.so.1.0 cannot open
> > shared object file: No such file or directory
>
> It looks like problem with your environment variable. Check PATH if it
> is correct, do you have ORACLE_HOME/lib in your path?
>
> I repeat my solution to install Oracle 8.0.5 on RedHat 6.1 :
>
> 1. Make sure that you have installed this packages:
> compat-binutils-5.2-2.9.1.0.23.1.i386.rpm
> compat-egcs-5.2-1.0.3a.1.i386.rpm
> compat-egcs-c++-5.2-1.0.3a.1.i386.rpm
> compat-glibc-5.2-2.0.7.1.i386.rpm
> compat-libs-5.2-1.i386.rpm
> 2. Make sure that you have installed kernel source (needed for
> relinking)
> 3. Install Oracle RDBMS and other products. Warning: DO NOT CREATE DB
> OBJECTS
> 4. Get the compressed patch file glibcpatch.tgz from Oracle Support,
> Reference Bug 878586
> 5. You must apply glibc patch BEFORE you create database.
> 6. Apply the patch
> 7. It should work!
>
> Andrzej
> --
> Andrzej Rajczakowski
> TETA S.A.

Hey
I have removed the existing Oracle8 (Uncompleted Installation) and Installed it again. I too downloaded glibcpatch.tgz from ftp.oracle.com. But the problem is My linux system doesn't have Internet connection that's why i downloaded from Win95 system and transferred onto the linux server through email. when i tried unzip with tar command, its giving invalid compressed data--format violated. With this error, I am unable to get forward the installation without this patch.

Advise me.

srinivas

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Nov 12 1999 - 03:43:51 CST