Re: tnsnames and sqlnet

From: Frank van Bortel <f.van.bortel_at_vnl.nl>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 10:24:57 -0800

dan wrote:

> TNSNAMES and SQLNET
>
> I have multiple copies of these files, for example I have TNSNAMES in
> ora81\network\admin, oraemhome\net80\admin, oraemhome\net80\tnsapi,
> \oradev2k\net80\admin and \oradev2k\net80\tnsapi. none of these files are
> the same as any of the others. should they be? obviously I am new to oracle,
> thanks for any help.
>
> Dan

When you introduce tnsadmin as environment variable, the directory mentioned will be used by all Net V2 and V8 products to locate the config files. That way, you only have one set to maintain. On unix flavours, it would be an environment setting (export tnsadmin=/....), on windows, it would go into the registry (HKLM/Software/Oracle)

--
Met vriendelijke groet/kind regards,

Frank van Bortel
Technical consultant Oracle

Work:                                Home:
Inter Access V&L                     Hunzestraat 4
Palatijn 3, 7521 PN Enschede         7555 WB Hengelo
PoBox 545, 7500 AM Enschede          (31)074-2425046
053-4341500 Received on Fri Nov 12 1999 - 12:24:57 CST