Re: BLOB, CLOB, NCLOB Datatype

From: Paul L. Kelly <brightredfish_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 00:46:41 GMT

"Alan" <newslette_at_iname.com> attempted to infuriate me by saying:

>HI,
>
>My I know whether BLOB, CLOB, NCLOB datatype is supported by Oracle 8 Server
>8.1.5?
>
>If I want to insert and image into Oracle server into a BLOB field, how can
>I do so? by SQL?? or any other way? and How can I do it it Perl? i.e. use
>perl to insert an image into the oracle database
>
>Thank You
>
>Alan

"These aren't the BLOBs you're looking for."
"These aren't the BLOBs we're looking for."
"These BLOBs may go about their business."
"These BLOBs may go about their business."
"Move along."
"Move along."

Now repeat after me: "I am but a worm, unworthy even to clean the toe lint from the Great Oracle."

There now, don't you feel better?

--
Paul L. Kelly, whose daughter's world famous ornamental horned frog has, proportionate to its body size, the largest mouth on the planet.

brightredfish_at_mindspring.com
Put periods in-between the words to send me e-mail. Or if you know my real address you can use that. Received on Thu Nov 11 1999 - 18:46:41 CST