How To Set Lock TimeOut?

From: Robert Drinovac <rdrinova_at_invatron.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 23:31:34 GMT

I am currently connecting to a Oracle 7.2 database using ODBC. Is there a way to set the Lock Timeout from my application (i.e. through the use of a SQL statement) that will allow the application to set the duration that the database will wait to execute a statement on a table that has been locked by another process. Ideally, I would want to be able to set the lock timeout for the duration of the connection so that it either waits forever for the lock to clear, instantly times out, or waits for a specified duration before it times out.

Thanks in advance to anyone who responds.

--

Robert Drinovac
Invatron Systems Corp.

rdrinova_at_invatron.com

(opinions stated are not necessarily those of my employer) Received on Thu Nov 11 1999 - 17:31:34 CST