Re: Oracle 8 column naming rules?

From: Greg McCann <gregm_at_well.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 09:52:35 -0800

rock_cogar_at_my-deja.com wrote:

> Page 2-3 of Oracle 7 Server, SQL Language Reference Manual says 30
> characters long.

Found it - thanks. I was searching for something like "column name", but it turns out the information I needed is listed under "Schema Object Naming Rules".

> I sure wish I had the Oracle 8.x hardcopy docs, but they cost a small
> fortune to purchase.

I saw a few things on technet available in PDF format. It may not be what you need though - it looks like only selected documentation is available.

Thanks again,

Greg Received on Thu Nov 11 1999 - 11:52:35 CST