Re: Oracle for Linux Free?

From: John Purser <john.e.purser_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 10:43:31 -0700

I've just gone through the adventure of installing LINUX and Oracle 8.05 for LINUX. It can be downloaded for free. You can either navigate through their WEB site or ftp directly from "/pub/www/oracle8/linux/805ship.tgz". If you are

using RedHat LINUX 6.0 or greater check the notes on teh support site and get the
patch "glibcpatch.tgz". The installation and setup is a bit of an adventure. The
documentation is incorrect in places and incomplete in others. I have received

excellent response from Oracle support when I've e-mailed them questions.

Good Luck.