ORA -01034 ORACLE not available

From: Peter Wu <wupz_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 09:20:54 -0500

Hi, I am trying to run SQLPLUS in my HP box. The Oracle DB 8.0.5 is local.

The ORACLE_HOME and ORACLE_SID is set in my script. However, when I connect to the local using sqlplus, it gives me "ORACLE not available" error after I put login id and passwd.

Do I miss anything?

Thanks

P. Wu Received on Thu Nov 11 1999 - 08:20:54 CST