Re: Median and Geometric Mean in Oracle?

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 10:54:35 -0000

Median is difficult, it's pretty much a procedural thing, so I'll skip that one (for the moment at least)

Is the geometric mean the:

    reciprocal of the average of the reciprocals or

    the Nth root of the product of N values ?

I think the former would be:

    select 1/(sum(1/col)) from tab;

and the latter could be

    select exp( sum( ln(col) ) / count(col) ) from tab

--

Jonathan Lewis
Yet another Oracle-related web site: http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk