Re: Using the 'DIRECT=Y' switch with export

From: Ronald J.H. Rood <ronr_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 07:30:54 GMT

In article <38297260.82D8A838_at_teoco.com>,   "Wayne L. Phares" <pharesw_at_teoco.com> wrote:
> Question:
>
> If I use the 'DIRECT=Y' option with export (exp80) on an NT platform,
my
> export time goes from 1hr+ to about 2 minutes! The obvious question
is
> "What is wrong with this export?"
> I did notice that when it exports the sequences that they appear as
> tables (i.e. exporting table some_sequence_s...) whereas without this
> switch I do not see this and the sequences get dumped (assuming) when
it
> says (.exporting sequences numbers).
> Can the prior type of export be imported the same way the later would?
>
> What am I missing, surely something is being given up for the speed!

Hi Wayne

Using direct=Y exp just reads the data in a smarter way, that reduces quite some time conventional path 4H (2G expdat.dmp) took about 12Minutes in direct path. imp will handle the file ok.

--
Ronald
http://home.wxs.nl/~ronr/RonR.html

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Nov 11 1999 - 01:30:54 CST