Problems with Oracle8 + Windows95 parallel transaction demonstration

From: Tim Read <tread_at_flog.uned.es>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 21:53:55 +0100

I am trying to prepare a demonstration for my students using Oracle 8 on Windows95. I wish to demonstrate how Oracle plans which of several transactions accesses the database.

I need to be able to do two things basically:

  1. Run more than one transaction at once (I am using Windows95 so it is not as easy as on UNIX).
  2. Have some kind of tracing or logging process within Oracle show how the database is being accessed, that is to say, which transactions are being run.

Can anyone give me a little bit of help here?

If so, please email me at tread_at_flog.uned.es since I can not always access news.

Thanks Received on Wed Nov 10 1999 - 14:53:55 CST