Re: Value of True and False

From: Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 18:47:16 +0800

jason wrote:

> Hi,
> Could someone please tell me the default value for True in Oracle ?
> We're using 0 for False; and some of us have been using -1 for True, but
> some have been using 1.
> Also, is there a Boolean datatype in Oracle, because we've just been using a
> Number(1) but have now come to the problem mentioned above.
>
> (I'm on 8.04 - just incase there have been recent developments in datatypes
> supported Oracle).
>
> TIA
> Jason

For PL/SQL v1 in Forms, when it had to talk to PL/SQL v2 in the database, it had to perform a conversion from boolean to integer. There was a function in DIUTIL which did it which may help to explain what internals Oracle are using.

HTH
--

Connor McDonald

"Some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue." Received on Wed Nov 10 1999 - 04:47:16 CST