New moron at work...

From: Peter Fithian <Pfith_at_ibm.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1999 17:49:19 -0600

Hello.

Pardon my lack of experience, but...

I'm trying to create a new database from a new installation of Oracle 8.0.5. (not enterprise edition). How does one get a new database to show up in the enterprise manager. I've created a new database from the Database Assistant, but the only thing that shows up on the EM is 'default database'. Also, when I try to start the TNS listener service, I get an error and it won't start. I installed the server software and I'm running this on NT workstation - is that a problem?

I realize that this question has probably been asked many times, but can anyone help?

Thanks....

Peter Received on Tue Nov 09 1999 - 17:49:19 CST