Cannot change INTERNAL password?!

From: Jack Zhu <jackzhu_at_qwestinternet.net>
Date: 09 Nov 1999 01:04:29 EST

Install Linux 8.0.5 for Linux in RedHat 6.0. Installation is ok, but during setup, I chose not to assign a password to 'INTERNAL' user, so I don't have to type password when do 'connect internal' in 'svrmgrl'. (There's also no prompt for password)

After installation, I tried to assign a password: 'svrmgrl', then 'connect internal', and 'alter user sys identified by xxxx'. No error message, but next time when I use 'svrmgrl' and 'connect internal', there's still no password prompt, therefore I can log in directly.

What did I do wrong? Help please, kind of emergency!!!! Received on Tue Nov 09 1999 - 00:04:29 CST