Help on PO7 Performance

From: Richard Gunn <rgunn_at_gunnsoft.com.au>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1999 16:42:18 +1100

For demo purposes we have loaded an Oracle 7.3 Workgroup db into PO7.

When I autotrace the same query across both systems the execution plan is exactly the same for both except a huge difference is visible in the statistics

PO7

7 recursive calls
22792 consistent gets
10238 physical reads

Oracle 7.3 (Workgroup)

12370 consistent gets
0 physical reads

(All other stats are indentical)

Can anyone shed some light on improving this, or is it just a limitation of PO7 ?

Thanks

Richard

PS Pls also respond via email is possible. Received on Mon Nov 08 1999 - 23:42:18 CST