Length funtion syntax

From: Joet Singh <jsingh_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1999 21:17:56 -0600

Hi All,
I am trying to do a check to make sure that when a person fills out a phone number field that the it contains correct number of digits. I have a check to do this but it keeps running into a problem. The check is in the form of a if statement:
If length(home_area)=3 and length(home_three)=3 and length(home_four)=4 then *do Something*
else *Do something*
Now if the value being inserted in the home_area field is 123 this is ok then length of this string is 3 but is the value is 012 the length of this string is 2. Now how do I tell the program that the string is really 3 digits long and the "0" value is not a null value? Any ideas? Thanks in advance Received on Mon Nov 08 1999 - 21:17:56 CST