Re: go_item in enter-query mode

From: Steve Cosner <stevec_at_csufresno.edu>
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 1999 16:01:36 -0800

Wim Valgaeren wrote:

> I have a form-level when-mouse-dubbleclick trigger which has
>
> do_key('enter-query');
> go_item(:system.trigger_item);
>
> in it.
>
> When I dubbleclick on an item the record goes into enter-query mode, but the
> cursor jumps to the first item in the record.
> How can I make the cursor jump to the item where I have clicked on?

I think the Enter_Query command is as far as the trigger will go because at that point, control is transferred from the running pl/sql trigger to the user. But the go_item may execute after the user does the Execute Query--I am not sure.

Try starting a timer before you Enter_Query, and do the go_item in the When-Timer-Expired trigger.

Steve Cosner Received on Mon Nov 08 1999 - 18:01:36 CST