Re: Oracle 8i/ RedHat 6.1 /OraHome1/bin/netasst script fails

From: <dthibault_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 1999 21:59:40 GMT

The same thing happened to me when I went into $ORACLE_HOME/bin and did ./netasst but not when I wasn't in that directory and just did netasst (relying on the path to find it). I'm running RH6.0 and KDE 1.1.2. However, even though it worked like that, it crashes before it's done configuring/testing any listeners or services, so it's still pretty useless to me as well. Anyone have any suggestions?

David Thibault
Esperion Therapeutics
dthibault_at_esperion.com

In article <7vshk8$3o4$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   rprabha1_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> Hi Paul
>
> The enlightenment Patch for Red hat is the key
> to your display related woes. I had similar
> problems and once I downloaded and installed
> from Red Hat's site, I was fine.
>
> -Rajeev Prabhakar
> Database Administrator
> Global Sports Inc.
>
> > Paul Grepps <paul_at_lightningcast.net> wrote in message
> > > We are trying to install the Oracle 8i 8.1.5 Enterprise edition.
> > >
> > > When we install the Oracle Client software on a RedHat Linux 6.1
> client,
> > > the software installation succeeds but when we run the
> > > $ORACLE_HOME/bin/netasst script it just returns without displaying
> the
> > > GUI.
> > >
> > > We have our DISPLAY set and the appropriate xhost + permissions.
> > > We are running Redhat 6.1 and using the GNOME window manager. We
> used
> > > jre_1.1.7-v3.
> > >
> > > Anyone have any ideas?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Paul Grepps
> > >

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Nov 08 1999 - 15:59:40 CST