Re: number format

From: QuestionExchange <USENET_at_questionexchange.com>
Date: 8 Nov 1999 14:38:29 GMT

What is your tool? SQL*Loader?
SQL*Loader control files are easier to define if you simply use character. NUMBER in control file really means a binary as written by packed decimal in Cobol or some such not a simple ascii like 123.45. IF the column is the database is defined as number(8,2) for instance a 45.23 in the incoming file will be loaded as a number. Take a look at the examples in the SQL*Loader directories and the utilities manual.
Regards,
Becca
> Hi, I try to load data into a table. How can I define the
number

--
  This answer is courtesy of QuestionExchange.com   http://www.questionexchange.com/showUsenetGuest.jhtml?ans_id=7480&cus_id=USENET&qtn_id=7958 Received on Mon Nov 08 1999 - 08:38:29 CST