Re: Enterprise manager

From: Andreas Stephan <as.stedat_at_gmx.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 1999 14:18:15 +0100

Hi Dan,

you have to 'detect' the hosts where oracle databases live, i.e. the unix/nt server where the agent runs. The agent must run on the same node as the databases it should serve. Donīt try to use your EM Database. Thats like the egg/hen problem. If your database goes down the EM checking and running this db will hang.
So your demo-db (and an agent) should run elsewhere on another machine. If you 'detect' this node (IP-Adress or Hostname) the agent will ask the listener and retrieve the informations about the database(s) on this node. This information is shown in the EM screens. You can then connect to the db by double-clicking on the db icon under databases. Right-click to start different tools (storage manager, instance manager ...) out of the context menu.

Hope this helps

Andy