Re: Difference between two dates

From: Brian W. Chester <bwchester_at_home.com>
Date: Sun, 07 Nov 1999 13:49:31 GMT

Hi,

Are the dates stored at text or as dates in the database? If they are stored as text you will need to perform a conversion from the text to date as:
SELECT TO_DATE(finish_date, 'DD-MON-RR') -

                TO_DATE(start_date, 'DD-MON-RR') "Days Between"
   FROM cust_table;

If the columns are actual date the columns then simply:

SELECT finish_date - start_date "Days Between"   FROM cust_table;

Brian