How to obtain data from another server

From: Jack Kimball <nomail_at_nospam.com>
Date: Sun, 07 Nov 1999 10:47:38 GMT

Hi,

I'm a MS-SQL Server user moving to Oracle. I didn't find out yet how to transfer data between two server. In SQL Server, I can write:

INSERT INTO TABLE ( a, b, c)
SELECT * FROM server.database.owner.table

Could I write something similar in Oracle? I need to point out that the select will push data from another server than where I am.

Thanks in advance Received on Sun Nov 07 1999 - 04:47:38 CST