Re: Net8 question.

From: <alan_psb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 1999 09:27:11 GMT

Hello Sybrand,

How can I configure the Bequeath protocol? I only find TCP/IP, SPX, IPC, NMP in the protocol list. So I choose the ICP in the listener confiuration. However, the test is failed. Here is the listener.ora file content (in D:\Oracle\Ora81\NETWORK\ADMIN):

LISTENER =
  (DESCRIPTION_LIST =
    (DESCRIPTION =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = IPC)(KEY = EXTPROC0))
(PROTOCOL_STACK =

        (PRESENTATION = TTC)
        (SESSION = NS)
      )

    )
    (DESCRIPTION =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = IPC)(KEY = ORCL))
(PROTOCOL_STACK =
        (PRESENTATION = TTC)
        (SESSION = NS)
      )

    )
    (DESCRIPTION =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = 127.0.0.1)(PORT = 1521))
(PROTOCOL_STACK =
        (PRESENTATION = TTC)
        (SESSION = NS)
      )

    )
  )

And the tnsnames.ora :

ORCL =
  (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS_LIST =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = IPC)(KEY = ORCL))
    )
    (CONNECT_DATA =
(SERVICE_NAME = TESTING.TESTING)

    )
  )

EXTPROC_CONNECTION_DATA =
  (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS_LIST =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = IPC)(KEY = EXTPROC0))
    )
    (CONNECT_DATA =
(SID = PLSExtProc)
(PRESENTATION = RO)

    )
  )

TESTING =
  (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS_LIST =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = TESTING)(PORT = 1521))
    )
    (CONNECT_DATA =
(SERVICE_NAME = TESTING.TESTING)

    )
  )

I found that there is KEY in IPC, but don't know what is it. Is it related with the instance name? Could you show me the steps Bequeath Protocol configuration?

Thanks,
Alan

In article <941811608.25717.0.pluto.d4ee154e_at_news.demon.nl>,   "Sybrand Bakker" <postmaster_at_sybrandb.nospam.demon.nl> wrote: > Configure the Bequeath Protocol, which is a variant of IPC (interprocess

> > I am using Oracle 8i on Windows NT server 4.0. I can connect to the > > Oracle server by using TCP/IP configuration. Is it possible to connect
> > to Oracle server by not using TCP/IP? In fact, the Oracle server is > > running on standalone machine and all the connection is coming from the
> > same machine. No other computer is connected to this machine. How can I
> > configure the Oracle database server such that it can accept the > > connection from the same machine but not using TCP/IP, Novell, or other
> > networking protocol? What are the steps to set up such an environment?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Alan
> >

> > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

> > Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sat Nov 06 1999 - 03:27:11 CST