Re: LONG vs. VARCHAR2

From: Richard J Woodland <richwoodland_at_interfacefamily.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 1999 16:38:49 -0500

As you imply that you are using this field for 'notes', modifying the column to be LONG is probably not a good idea, if only because you could not search for rows with notes containing particular phrases, and so on.

LONGs are generally more trouble than they are worth, unless you are REALLY desperate.