help with drop tablespace

From: Swahanaga <sfinkelman_at_cncdsl.com>
Date: 05 Nov 1999 13:55:24 PST

Hi,
I'm trying to create and drop tablespaces I have a simple script which chokes on the create tablespace stage

With the error:
0ra-01119: error in creating database file '/u02/.. .. ../stage ora-27038: skgfrcre: file exists.

This seems to mean that the definition of the tablespace is gone, but the physical file wasn't removed..
When I manually kill the file, the create works.

Can someone please tell me what is actually taking place? Is this an oracle grant issue or a unix rights issue or something else?

tia--------- Steve Finkelman

alter tablespace stage offline;
drop tablespace stage including contents cascade constraints;

create tablespace stage
datafile '/u02/ora/oradata/ideas/stage.dbf' size 1M default storage(

     initial 10k
     next 10k
     maxextents UNLIMITED
     pctincrease 0 );

alter tablespace stage permanent ;
alter tablespace stage online ;

Wh Received on Fri Nov 05 1999 - 15:55:24 CST