ora-24324 : service handle not initialized - DCOM-appl.

From: Johan Mares <geenzeverJohan.Mares_at_ping.be>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 1999 22:47:14 +0100

Hi,

Me and a collegue made a multitier application in Delphi using activex in Delphi.

Client application (Win95 or Win NT workstation) (activex in browser) connects
with NT-server where our server-application is registered (DCOM). This application
then connects with oracle-database (8), executes a query (stored procedure), returns
the result (cursor) to the application on the NT-server, which in turn sends the result
to the client-application.

This works fine on our test-server (NT 4, service-pack 5, BDE 5.1, OraNT 8), but
whenever we try to move the server-application to another server (NT 4, service-pack 5,
BDE 5.1, OraNT 8, same security and other settings for DCOM), we get an unknown user name or password error from oracle : ORA-24324 : service handle not
initialized. The password and usernam should be correct (when we try it on the server
to connect with the database via orant or bde manually there is no problem). The server-application works : we checked it by adding logging, it only goes wrong
when the application tries to connects with oracle.

Any help welcome.

Thanx

Johan Received on Fri Nov 05 1999 - 15:47:14 CST