Oracle Database on a notebook

From: Sönke Thomssen <Soenke_Thomssen_at_t-online.de>
Date: 1999/11/04

Hi,

first: I´m not a professional. But I heard a story by my friend that I couldn´t believe.
He tried to install a Oracle-Database-Software on a notebook, because he got a software that is develope in JAVA. Now, he told me that he couldn´t install the Oracle software because a Network is required. Although he has a PCMCIA-Card for a network the software broke up the install-routine after 80% successfull installation.
Is this possible? Why does the software make a difference between a desktop-pc and a notebook? Is there a trick to install the software on a notebook?

Sorry for my bad english and for the fact that I´m not a Oracle-User. But my friend is really frustrated and he can´t speak english.

Thanks, Soenke Received on Thu Nov 04 1999 - 00:00:00 CST