java stored procedure ora-29540

From: <craig_willis9585_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 1999 21:55:32 GMT

I am receiving ORA-29540 from a Java trigger when inserting rows into a table.

I have successfully created and tested a class DBTrigger which is refered to in the call spec of a stored procedure, which is in turn called by a trigger:

CREATE OR REPLACE TRIGGER my_trigger
AFTER INSERT ON my_table
FOR EACH ROW
CALL my_stored_procedure(:new.column_name)

CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE my_stored_procedure (colomn_name NUMBER) AS LANGUAGE JAVA
NAME 'DBTrigger.myMethod(int)';

The Java class DBTrigger.class contains a single method myMethod.

I have created a simple class which inserts rows into the table to perform some simple load testing. The process succeeds for about the first 20 rows. After the 20th or so insert, I begin receiving the following error:

ORA-29540: class DBTrigger does not exist ORA-04088: error during execution of trigger 'MY_DB.MY_TRIGGER'

Obviously the class exists, as it has been called 20 times up to now. USER_OBJECTS claims that the class is still valid. If I drop and recreate the stored procedure and trigger, the process will work again for another 20 or so inserts.

Any insights? I cannot even find a reference to this error # on Oracle's site.

Oracle 8i NT SP5

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Nov 04 1999 - 15:55:32 CST