Re: ORACLE not accepts the command EXTRACT of SQL. Reason?

From: Alan Shein <alanshein_at_erols.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 1999 11:39:00 -0500

There is no "EXTRACT" command in Oracle. Perhaps someone may have = written an "extract" function for you at some point, but, in any event, = what you need to do is:

SELECT *
FROM EMPLOYEES
WHERE to_char(SYSDATE, 'mm') = to_char(ADMISSION_DATE,'mm')

  Ulisses Tenório da Silva <prodatec_at_zaz.com.br> wrote in message = news:7vs3p7$pug$1_at_srv4-poa.zaz.com.br...

  Hy friends of this channel

  I will expose my problem:
  I executed the following command perfectly in my Oracle database (in = Oracle SQL WorkSheet, for example):

  SELECT *
  FROM EMPLOYEES
  WHERE EXTRACT(MONTH FROM SYSDATE) = EXTRACT(MONTH FROM = ADMISSION_DATE)   but of one moment in before Oracle started to not to accept it, = accusing the following message: ORA-00907: absent right parenthesis, = not only this but any construction using EXTRACT.   I am sure that the syntax of the command is correct, especially = because he accepted until then.

  If somebody has some explanation or solution, favor to answer me.

  I thank any answer
  --
  Ulisses Tenório da Silva prodatec_at_zaz.com.br Received on Thu Nov 04 1999 - 10:39:00 CST