Re: Migrating from Interbase to Oracle

From: QuestionExchange <USENET_at_questionexchange.com>
Date: 4 Nov 1999 15:43:24 GMT

Hello Paul,
Just to you known that I have an application that run in Interbase and Oracle, and I don't need to prefix a table with your owner, the way ?
Use SYNONYMS, this feature found to make possible to access any object of database as you was the owner. Perhaps your sys admin don't known about this, take a look in Oracle documentation, is very good about this topic. Hope this help,
Jean
> I have a substantial amount of code (Delphi) that I developed
with
> Interbase but I now need to go live into Oracle. The
problem, Oracle

--
  This answer is courtesy of QuestionExchange.com   http://www.questionexchange.com/showUsenetGuest.jhtml?ans_id=7090&cus_id=USENET&qtn_id=6265 Received on Thu Nov 04 1999 - 09:43:24 CST