ORACLE not accepts the command EXTRACT of SQL. Reason?

From: Ulisses Tenório da Silva <prodatec_at_zaz.com.br>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 1999 12:04:59 -0200

Hy friends of this channel

I will expose my problem:
I executed the following command perfectly in my Oracle database (in = Oracle SQL WorkSheet, for example):

SELECT *
FROM EMPLOYEES
WHERE EXTRACT(MONTH FROM SYSDATE) = EXTRACT(MONTH FROM ADMISSION_DATE) =    but of one moment in before Oracle started to not to accept it, accusing = the following message: ORA-00907: absent right parenthesis, not only = this but any construction using EXTRACT. I am sure that the syntax of the command is correct, especially because = he accepted until then.

If somebody has some explanation or solution, favor to answer me.

I thank any answer
--
Ulisses Tenório da Silva prodatec_at_zaz.com.br Received on Thu Nov 04 1999 - 08:04:59 CST