Manipulating field of RAW datatype

From: Sundar Raman <cybertoast_at_mindless.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 1999 07:53:06 -0600

I hope this is a simple question - I've got a table that has a field of type RAW. I'd like to set the value to something in particular, but I can't find the function/procedure to do this. I'm using OCI. I'd prefer to have a SQL solution, meaning some function that works in SQL to do the translation of my data to the format that RAW expects, for example:

update poop
set rawfield = converttoraw(1234);

where converttoraw is the magic solution to get the data into the field.

Thanks a lot for all help. Cheers. Received on Thu Nov 04 1999 - 07:53:06 CST