Re: Which source for DB consulting pjct?

From: Jacqui Caren <Jacqui.Caren_at_ig.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 1999 14:18:44 GMT

In article <MPG.127e69a984deccc798968d_at_news.sirius.com>, Stan Kang <kang_at_usa.net> wrote:
>Michael Forlin wrote...
>> Cooper Hazen wrote...
>> >

>> > Can anyone offer me a recommendation on consultant-finding services? We
>> > need help with setting up a moderately complex web controlled DB and also
>> > either transitioning an accounting system from legacy UNIX fixture or
>> > establishing a new distributed accounting system (cost will determine).
>> >
>> > What about ConsultLink.com versus Monster.com? If your recommendation is
>> > for offline, I'm in Portland, OR.
>> >
>> > -Cooper Hazen
>> >

>> Try Consultlink first. Much more specialized, of course. Monster is
>> better-known, but if you're a consultant looking for jobs via the web,
>> you ought to know about Consultlink. -Mike
>
>Another tactic that has worked for me for more specialized projects is to
>find discussion forums about the particular topic and then write to the
>forums' moderators and ask if they can refer anyone. I've hired one full-
>time and one contract person this way. I have also used consultlink.com
>with good results.

Another check I have recommended to customers who have asked me if I know anything about prospective 'consultants' is to do a dejanews profile and see what thier peers think of them.

Jacqui
--
Paul Ingram Group Ltd,140A High Street,Godalming GU7 1AB United Kingdom Email: J.Caren_at_ig.co.uk Fax: +44 1483 862801 Phone: +44 1483 862800 A rather special Perl vacancy :-) http://www.ig.co.uk/about/jobs.html Use SmartCards in e-commerce systems? http://www.smartaxis.com/ Received on Thu Nov 04 1999 - 08:18:44 CST