FK referencing column in another SCHEMA/TABLESPACE.

From: Pinne <pinne_at_pegit.se>
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 1999 09:19:48 +0100

Hi,

Oracle 8.0.5 on Solaris and Linux.
I have two separate apps in separate tablespaces. But there is a logical connection between them, I want a FK in one column to reference
a table/column in the other apps SCHEMA/TABLESPACE. I've granted SELECT on that other table to the SCHEMA FK I want to refence it,
but i still can't create the reffering table. I'm getting complaints about insufficient priviliges.

Is this the wrong way to do it alltogether. Or have i just missed something to get it to work ?

I'd be very gratefull for any coments.

Best reagards.

Björn-Åke Segrell / Pegit AB Received on Thu Nov 04 1999 - 02:19:48 CST