TABLESPACES

From: Pinne <pinne_at_pegit.se>
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 1999 09:09:33 +0100

Hi,
Running Oracle 8.0.5 on Linux and Sun Solaris, and need some advice on space allocation.

Is it better to use one single TABLESPACE for an application, or to create separate ones for data, index and temporary storage ?

As far as the manual tells, splitting it up is better and makes sense to me, but I've been adviced
to keep it in one single space.
(I have learned that You can learn a lot from manuals, but nothing beats real-life experinece)

Now, if i keep it in a single space, should i use that same space for temporary storage too,
or let it default to the SYSTEM space ?.

Can someone shear some light over this ?

Best regards

Björn-Åke Segrell Received on Thu Nov 04 1999 - 02:09:33 CST