Receive LONG variable, convert and insert into CLOB column?

From: Geoff Muldoon <gmuldoon_at_au.edu.scu>
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 1999 06:39:26 GMT

Help please.

I need to create a PL/SQL procedure which will receive an input variable of type LONG (?) (actually provided from a HTML page as an input type 'file') plus some other variables and have the LONG variable converted and inserted into a column of type CLOB.

I have alrteady populated the column with an empty_clob(), but can't work out how to use the DBMS_LOB package.

Can this be done?

TIA Geoff M Received on Thu Nov 04 1999 - 00:39:26 CST