Re: v$log_history: how to change # of records

From: <markp7832_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 1999 20:12:31 GMT

In article <7vpf2h$rb1$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   m_lander_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> Does anybody know how to extend/change the default, (maximum) number
of
> 100 records for the v$log_history view (oracle 7.3.4)?
>
> Thanks in advance.

If I remember correctly the number of rows in v$log_history is set at database creation (maxloghistory). To change it you must either rebuild the database, or you can rebuild your control file. The procedure for rebuilding your control file is in the DBA Administrators manual. The command, create controlfile, is naturally in the SQL manual.

--
Mark D. Powell -- The only advice that counts is the advice that  you follow so follow your own advice --

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Nov 03 1999 - 14:12:31 CST