OS Password authentication

From: Ruben Safir <ruben_at_llinderman.dental.nyu.edu>
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 1999 20:13:19 GMT

How can I set up the /etc/passwd file for passwd authentication on a unix box.

I think I setup the /etc/passwd file. The changes in init.ora is confusing me. I still, for example, do not understand what $ops is for. If my oracle users are a sunset of my server users, can't I just use the same user ids? If so, why would I want to use this prefix scheme.

Are regular users password authenticated like group dba?

internal doesn't get a passwd challange at all. Received on Wed Nov 03 1999 - 14:13:19 CST