Re: Problem with shared tables.

From: Frank van Bortel <f.van.bortel_at_vnl.nl>
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 1999 10:54:52 -0800

"news.xs4all.nl" wrote:

> I've got 3 shared tables from another user named :
>
> DWL_GROUP
> DWL_GROUPUSERS
> DWL_USERS
>
> I shared the entities & tables, I updated the Entity Relationship modeler,
> all foreign key constraints are in place, but when I generate everything it
> doesn't generate the foreign key constraints to the shared tables!.
>
> This is really frustrating.
>
> is there anyone who knows how to fix this problem?
>
> thanx
>
> Martin Kleinman

As those tables are not yours, there's no way to tell where and how these will be
created physically. These tables may end up in a remote database, not accessable
for you. Designer will therefor not create the FK's to those tables. Assuming you included these in the generate set. --
Met vriendelijke groet/kind regards,

Frank van Bortel
Technical consultant Oracle

Work:                                Home:
Inter Access V&L                     Hunzestraat 4
Palatijn 3, 7521 PN Enschede         7555 WB Hengelo
PoBox 545, 7500 AM Enschede          (31)074-2425046
053-4341500 Received on Wed Nov 03 1999 - 12:54:52 CST