Please help me with Forms 6 error FRM-404003

From: Scott G. <me_at_me.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 1999 16:35:10 GMT

Hi,

We have an employee form that has TITLE as one of its fields. When a new employee is added, a title needs to be set. We have a list of values. The admin can check the LOV for the Title he needs. If the Title is not there, he can click on a button to bring up the TITLE Admin screen so a new TITLE can be added.

Our problem is this. When a new employee is being added, things are fine. But when an existing employee is being modified and the add new title button is pushed and the TITLE Admin screen appears, when the new Title is to be saved, forms reports:

        FRM-40403 A calling form has unapplied changes. Save not

             allowed.

It does not do this if we are adding a new employee, only when we try to modify an existing employee record.

So we have a procedure to check :system.form_status for changed If so, we tell the user to save the data before the new form is called. What I want to do is to only do this for updates, not inserts. Has anyone ever worked with this situation? Any ideas?

Thanks,
Scott G.
IKEA North America Received on Tue Nov 02 1999 - 10:35:10 CST