Oracle SNMP on Solaris

From: <leap_at_cybercom.net>
Date: 3 Nov 1999 05:39:33 GMT

I'm having a tough time trying to get the Oracle SNMP agent to cooperate with the native Solaris SNMP agent. I'm running on Solaris 2.6.

After some edits to the files in $ORACLE_HOME/network/snmp/peer, I was able to get the start_peer script to run without errors. The first executable to run is master_peer. This executable will not run if the native Solaris snmpdx server is running because it tries to bind to the same port that snmpdx uses (163). After master_peer comes encap_peer and finally mibiisa (the sun enterprise agent). Then I execute 'lsnrctl dbsnmp_start'.

After doing this, I can query for Oracle SNMP information, and some generic SNMP stuff, but I've lost the ability to query the Solaris enterprise agent (mibiisa) for sun-specific stuff like host performance.

If I don't run the Oracle stuff, I do get the sun extensions. Since master_peer and snmpdx cannot be run together, I've tried using snmpdx instead of master_peer. This results in encap_peer complaining 'cannot initialize environment'.

So my question is, how can I get the Oracle servers to cooperate with the native solaris servers (snmpdx and mibiisa)?

-ab Received on Tue Nov 02 1999 - 23:39:33 CST