Truncate fail, delete OK...

From: <alan_psb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 1999 18:02:58 GMT

Table Children has foreign key referenced to Table Mother.

Now, truncate table Children and no problem.

Next, truncate table Mother and failed. The error message indicate the foreign key constraint violated. (Mother has only one table Children referenced to her)

Later, delete from table Mother and it is OK.

Why I cannot truncate table Mother when the table Children has no record? What should I do such that I can use truncate statement on table Mother (except drop table Children, disable constraint)

Thanks,
Alan

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Nov 02 1999 - 12:02:58 CST