Calling the Default Browser from Forms 4.5

From: Parker Barrington <Parker.Barrington_at_Dal.Ca>
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 1999 17:10:36 GMT

I have a when-mouse-doubleclick trigger on the "URL" field that launches a user's browser with the URL as a parameter. The location of each users browser is stored in the database and passed to the form. Here is the trigger:

DECLARE
   APPS_ID PLS_INTEGER;
BEGIN
   APPS_ID := DDE.APP_BEGIN (:GLOBAL.BROWSER || ' ' || :URL, 2);    DDE.APP_FOCUS (APPS_ID);
END; It works fine, but for easier maintainability, I would like to be able to find and call the user's default browser instead. I suspect a user's default browser may be found in the registry, but I don't know much about the windows registry or how I would use the value in a similar trigger. Any hints?

Thanks,
Parker Received on Tue Nov 02 1999 - 11:10:36 CST