How to remove a non-used column from an existing table

From: Bruno Paquette <bpaquette_at_airtransat.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1999 09:49:41 -0500

Hi all,

I don't know if I can do it but I'd like to remove a column from an existing table but I don't find the syntax anywhere. I tried

ALTER TABLE mytable DROP COLUMN mycolumn

but I receive this message :
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-00905: missing keyword

Can I remove a column from an existing table or if I have to recreate the table without this column ?

Thx,

Bruno Paquette Received on Tue Nov 02 1999 - 08:49:41 CST