Re: How can I access remote tables?

From: TurkBear <johng_at_mm.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 1999 20:44:00 GMT

If the 'other schema' is in the same instance as you are, you do not need a remote database link, just permission to select from...

For instance..
You are connected as Henrik so you have all rights to anything in the Henrik schema, but, if there is another user named , say, stephan, you would need to have stephan ( or the DBA ) grant you rights to stephan's schema objects ...

If he has a table called mydata then , with permission to select granted, you could then issue a
select * from stephan.mydata

hth