Oracle Lite8i Question

From: Thomas Schruefer <schruefe_at_csc.umd.edu>
Date: 1 Nov 1999 20:36:05 GMT

I have just started working with Oracle Lite 8i, I am just learning the systems but my future plans involve migrating to the full version (Oracle 8i) on a Linux box.

So my question, is it possible to migrate a Oracle Lite 8i database to the full version, is it as simple as copying the files, or is there more involved?

I've already figured out that I would probably need to re-enter the DB setup info, but can this be copied over also?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--

Thomas Schruefer                                      schruefe_at_umd5.umd.edu