What are the different between MS Clustering and Fault-Tolerant Server like Octopus ?

From: Pearapon S. <pearapon_at_ksc.th.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 1999 22:45:27 +0700

Dear All,

    I am looking for a solution that will handle fault tolerant features on NT servers. The System will have TWO NT server that will back-up for each other.
Database will be either Oracle or SQL Server. I just know that there TWO difference methods:

  1. Clustering Server
  2. Server-mirroring like Octopus Solution Cloud you please tell me on: What are their difference , advantage/disadvantage ? Thank you very much in advance

Regards,
Pearapon S.
pearapon_at_ksc.th.com Received on Mon Nov 01 1999 - 09:45:27 CST