Re: Creating files from MSWord docs stored in blobs

From: SKV (Igor L. Skokov) <skv_at_grant.kharkov.ua>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 1999 16:30:21 +0200

Hi, Ottar!

Ottar Longva wrote in message <0rVS3.1526$0H3.10377_at_news1.online.no>...
>We have a database with thousands of MsWord documents stored in blobs.
>We need a routine to copy these documents to files.
>
>Anyone got any ideas on how I could get this done ?
>

>Thanks for any help or comments!

I know a little about working with blob-fields yet, but general idea is you must write code, that uses MSWord as ActiveX control. MSWord represents many methods for inserting different data into a document. So, you can write program wich reads your blobs-data from database and inserts it into Word-doc.
I've wrote program (Delphi-based) that does it well. So, you've got a direction. Good luck!

SKV
skv_at_grant.kharkov.ua

Igor L. Skokov
Bank 'Grant'
Kharkov, UA Received on Mon Nov 01 1999 - 08:30:21 CST